91 Long Street
Self-catering accommodation in this historic Georgian home…
Minimum booking: 2 nights
Rates: 1-2 R1250 per night; 3-6 R225 per person thereafter
50% deposit required to confirm reservation
To McGregor 0.66 km
91 Long Street is a beautiful old double story Georgian residence in the quiet upper part of McGregor. With three luxury en-suite bedrooms and a fully fitted kitchen, large stoep and braai, vineyard and olive grove you will want to stay for more than just a weekend.
91 Long Street has been lovingly restored and sleeps 6 in 3 en-suite bedrooms (one with bath and shower, two with showers) and the luxury of fine linen and fluffy bath sheets. Relax in the shade on the large stoep with a braai, overlooking our vineyard and olive grove and gaze over the nearby mountains and rural setting.
The kitchen is fully fitted with everything you may need, including a stove, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
Pet friendly on request
– Three bedrooms – one with a double bed, two with twin beds
– Three en-suite bathrooms – one with bath and shower, two with showers, bath sheets, hand towel and soap provided.
– Fully equipped kitchen – with electric stove (hob and oven), microwave oven, large fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster and coffee plunger. Dishwasher and washing machine. Dishwashing liquid and tablets provided.
– Braai on stoep with grid and tongs (bring your own wood or charcoal).
– TV, DSTV at an additional cost of R50 per day
– Hi-fi with CD player and iPod docking station
– 91 Long Street is in the quiet, upper part of this beautiful village, which offers gorgeous views over the nearby mountains and rural setting.
– Within walking distance to the quaint village and nearby coffee shops, excellent restaurants, the Saturday market and the Krans Nature Reserve which offers a variety of hikes.
– Basic supplies are available in the village but fresh produce is not always available. There is a bottle store and petrol station in the village. The nearest supermarket is in Robertson, 20km away.
– Many facilities will accept credit cards but some only accept cash. There is only one ATM in the Village.
What to do:
– A full list of what to do in McGregor will be provided when you arrive at 91 Long Street but to whet your appetite:
o Historical self guided walking tours
o Hikes in Krans or Vrolijkheid Nature Reserves (for the latter bring your Wild Card)
o Cycling (bring your own bikes or hire from the Tourism Office)
o Numerous art and craft galleries
o Quaint coffee shops and excellent restaurants
o Mix with the locals at the Saturday market where fresh bread, quiches, olive oil and vegetables are amongst the fare on offer
o It is common knowledge that McGregor is situated on ley lines and visitors immediately feel that this village is something “special”. Join a group of like-minded people for a twice daily mediation at Temenos, the well know retreat across the road from 91 Long Street
o Pamper yourself with a massage, Reiki or one of the numerous other wellness treatments on offer from various professionals in the Village
o Visit local wine estates and the McGregor Co-op for delicious fruits of the vine
o Visit the donkey sanctuary and commune with these amazing, very peaceful animals
Included91 Long StreetServiced (on request)Non-smokingGardenParkingBraai/barbecueFully equipped kitchenLinen and towels
Not IncludedTVWheelchair accessHeatingDSTVLocked safeAccommodation onlyThatched roofSwimming poolIndoor fireplaceTea/coffeeBreakfastWifiPets by request