Where to eat
Our restaurants and eateries make use of the freshest local ingredients possible. We have many restaurants and places to eat, showcasing country food and fine dining, so make sure you are are hungry when you visit. There are places to suit all needs and budgets. Please check on opening times, as some places are closed on certain days.
- Fine dining, superb food and a marvelous selection of local wines.
Tebaldi’s – the perfect place to unwind and celebrate Life.
Stop Press: Listed in Eat Out's 1000 Best Restaurants in South Africa 2011! See more."
Sleeps 2 From R 50 pp/n
Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary
- Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary provides a permanent refuge for abused, neglected and elderly donkeys. Here they are given the opportunity to live out their lives with respect and dignity, surrounded by their own kind, in a protective and natural environment. The Sanctuary has a Visitors' Centre with a Donkey Shop, Restaurant Book Shop & Wheelchair friendly toilets.
The Lady Grey Restaurant
- The Lady Grey Restaurant is housed in the spectacular setting of Lords Guest Lodge and overlooks the expanse of the Valley and the blue mountains beyond. It is situated atop the Koningsrivier hills between Robertson and McGregor, just off the R62,
From R 100 per head
McGregor Food & Wine Festiv
- sample wines & foods from Market stalls, with an artistic flavour…
30th Sep only
From R 80 per head
- Set in the heart of the village is the well loved Temenos Retreat Centre.
What began as a small contemplative garden is now flourished a renowned Retreat visited over and over again by local & overseas visitors.
Sleeps 10 From R 407.5 pp/n
Green Gables Country Inn
- Standing the test of time in a village where time stands still"
Green Gables Old Mill Country Inn is situated at the top of the village and offers the full country get away experience at affordable prices.
Sleeps 10 From R 550 pp/n R 1100 complete
- The kind of shop where you are sure to find that special gift or momento. What about something decadent and luxurious just for you. Linen, Cotton Clothing, Hair and Beauty Products, Decor and furnishing items.
Also locally made chandeliers and wooden products.Our cosy little shop is now combined with Malmani so there is even more variety.
Open Mon- Sun
Lords Guest Lodge
- A visually epic location, with a Scottish twist! Embrace the restorative magic of nature, in style with us, where Ambiance, Luxury and Impeccable Service come together to give you a getaway of a lifetime. A la carte restaurant and pool side bar. Host any function from weddings to conferences.
Sleeps 10 From R 550 pp/n R 1300 complete