Where to eat
Our restaurants and eateries make use of the freshest local ingredients possible. We have many restaurants and places to eat showcasing country food and fine dining so make sure you are are hungry when you visit. There are places to suit all needs and budgets. Please check on opening times, some places are closed on certain days.
Villagers Farm Stall
- Come for a meal and go for a tasting at Rhebokskraal Olyf Kombuis in the Villagers Farm Stall where you can delight in all our olive products used in food. Delicacies like olive quiche, olives soup and our most popular ' Van der Colff Boys Carnivore Burger' is worth visiting for.
The place where vegans and carnivores meet. Open Monday to Saturday 8-5.
From R 60 per head
Green Gables Restaurant
- Popular family-run local restaurant serving light lunches and teas, and good country fare such as roast dinners or steak and kidney pie. Food is served in the cosy pub or on the candle-lit garden terrace
De Kaap Country Restaurant
- This historic Cape Georgian Farmhouse has beautiful mountain & vineyard views and served delicious Cape Country food.
Thursday to Sunday for lunch
Thursday and Friday evenings for dinner
From R 80 per head
The Lady Grey Restaurant
- The Lady Grey Restaurant is housed in the spectacular setting of Lords Guest Lodge and overlooks the expanse of the Valley and the blue mountains beyond. It is situated atop the Koningsrivier hills between Robertson and McGregor, just off the R62,
From R 100 per head
Lord\'s Guest Lodge
- A visually epic location, with a Scottish twist! Embrace the restorative magic of nature, in style with us, where Ambiance, Luxury and Impeccable Service come together to give you a getaway of a lifetime. A la carte restaurant and pool side bar. Host any function from weddings to conferences.
Sleeps 10 From R 550 pp/n R 1300 complete
- It was a time when the family table had space for one more - a stranger was merely a friend with a new story to tell. This is the philosophy behind Karoux - arrive as a stranger and leave as a friend, touched by true Karoo hospitality.
Stop Press: Featured in Jan 2011 issue of Country Life!
From R 70 per head
- Fine dining, superb wine list. Celebrating passion.....
Named after the great Italian Opera prima donna, Renata Tebaldi, Tebaldi's celebrates the love of great food, great wine and great music.
Stop Press: Listed in Eat Out's 1000 Best Restaurants in South Africa 2011! See more."
From R 50 per head
Eseltjiesrus Country Kitchen
- The Country Kitchen serves breakfast, lunch and teas on the veranda or at the picnic tables in the garden.
The restaurant is housed in a renovated farm labourers cottage adjacent to the Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary in McGregor.
Fully licenced, Child friendly - Dogs are welcome, but must be on leads.
Trading Hours: Thursday to Sunday and public holidays 10am - 5 pm
From R 45 per head
The Deli Girls And Bistro
- A wonderful European style Deli & Bistro filled with lots of interesting 'goodies', both to consume and take home with you. In the Bistro you can enjoy excellent food out on the stoep or in front of the fire in our cosy dining area.
Stop Press: Listed in Eat Out's 1000 Best Restaurants in South Africa 2011! See more.
Licenced.Takeaways available, Open every day 09h00 till 016h30
From R 30 per head
- Frangipani is a delightful Laid back coffee shop that does home-cooked fare at pleasing prices.
Open on Mondays 9:00 - 16:00
Fridays 9:00 - 16:00
Saturdays 9:00 - 16:00
Sundays 9:00 - 14:00
From R 50 per head
- Wineries and Guesthouses from Ashton, Bonnievale, McGregor and Robertson will welcome visitors into their homes, to their dining tables and onto their farms for a 'slow' food & wine experience. Long tables, lazy afternoons, good food and wine.
Named 'Best Wine Route promotion 2007,2008' by Graham Howe (renowned travel journalist - wine dot coza
9th to 11th Aug