Where to eat
Our restaurants and eateries make use of the freshest local ingredients possible. We have many restaurants and places to eat, showcasing country food and fine dining, so make sure you are are hungry when you visit. There are places to suit all needs and budgets. Please check on opening times, as some places are closed on certain days.
- The kind of shop where you are sure to find that special gift or momento. What about something decadent and luxurious just for you. Linen, Cotton Clothing, Hair and Beauty Products, Decor and furnishing items.
Also locally made chandeliers and wooden products.Our cosy little shop is now combined with Malmani so there is even more variety.
Open Mon- Sun
- Home-baked & Take Aways who provide fresh homemade products to the wider community
From R 10 per head
Floras Eating House&Gallery
- Fresh,local, free range and delicious.We cater for vegans ,vegetarians and those intolerant to gluten.
Breakfasts,lunch and dinners (from October)Open 9 to 3 Thurs,Fri,Sat,Sun Mon
From R 50 per head
Villagers Farm Stall
- Come for a meal and go for a tasting at Rhebokskraal Olyf Kombuis in the Villagers Farm Stall where you can delight in all our olive products used in food. Delicacies like olive quiche, olives soup and our most popular ' Van der Colff Boys Carnivore Burger' is worth visiting for.
The place where vegans and carnivores meet. Open Monday to Saturday 8-5.
From R 60 per head
Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary
- Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary provides a permanent refuge for abused, neglected and elderly donkeys. Here they are given the opportunity to live out their lives with respect and dignity, surrounded by their own kind, in a protective and natural environment. The Sanctuary has a Visitors' Centre with a Donkey Shop, Restaurant Book Shop & Wheelchair friendly toilets.
Rhebokskraal Olive Estate
- Rhebokskraal is a working olive farm just outside Mc Gregor and offers affordable accommodation on farm as well as Rhebokskraal olyf Kombuis in the Villagers farm stall in Mc Gregor where people can taste and buy olives and lots more.
Sleeps 10 From R 350 pp/n R 1400 complete
McGregor Food & Wine Festiv
- … say ‘mmm’, as you sample wines & foods from Marketstalls, or eatery menus with an artistic flavour…
30th Sep only
From R 80 per head
- Fine dining, superb food and a marvelous selection of local wines.
Tebaldi’s – the perfect place to unwind and celebrate Life.
Stop Press: Listed in Eat Out's 1000 Best Restaurants in South Africa 2011! See more."
Sleeps 2 From R 50 pp/n
- Set in the heart of the village is the well loved Temenos Retreat Centre.
What began as a small contemplative garden is now flourished a renowned Retreat visited over and over again by local & overseas visitors.
Sleeps 10 From R 407.5 pp/n
The Lady Grey Restaurant
- The Lady Grey Restaurant is housed in the spectacular setting of Lords Guest Lodge and overlooks the expanse of the Valley and the blue mountains beyond. It is situated atop the Koningsrivier hills between Robertson and McGregor, just off the R62,
From R 100 per head
Lords Guest Lodge
- A visually epic location, with a Scottish twist! Embrace the restorative magic of nature, in style with us, where Ambiance, Luxury and Impeccable Service come together to give you a getaway of a lifetime. A la carte restaurant and pool side bar. Host any function from weddings to conferences.
Sleeps 10 From R 550 pp/n R 1300 complete