- 27 Bree Street, Corner of Bree and Buitekant
A home where film, live and recorded music is presented in comfortable and elegant surroundings. Feature Films on Fridays at 5.15pm for 5.30pm. Musical Soirees on Sundays at 3.45pm for 4pm. Please e mail wahnfried27@gmail for our current programme.
Musical Training School
- An initiative to teach music to youngsters in our village.
Vrolijkheid Nature Reserve
- The Vrolijkheid Nature Reserve lies in the Breede River valley, about 15 km south of Robertson on the McGregor road. The landscape is rugged and strikingly scenic, with sandstone and underlying shale formations.
Boesmanskloof Hiking Trail
- The Boesmanskloof Trail winds through the Riviersonderend Mountains in the Robertson Karoo region of the south-western Cape.
Rhebokskraal Olive Estate
- Rhebokskraal is a working olive farm just outside Mc Gregor and offers affordable accommodation on farm as well as Olive tours and art and scuplture classes.
Sleeps 5 From R 350 pp/n R 1200 complete
N G Kerk
- This historical church serves the village and the surrounding farming community
- There are few cycle routes in and around McGregor.
Slow Wine Weekends
- For the 40 to 50+ sets, Slow Wine Weekends introduce visitors to boutique wineries and garagiste producers in and around McGregor, off the beaten track. Hosted by McGregor residents familiar with the area, Slow Wine Weekends are experiences designed for wine and food lovers who also enjoy conversation.
Heritage Society Museum
- Within the McGregor Tourism Office is a small but surprisingly comprehensive Museum, which includes fascinating oral histories. A self-guided "Walks" booklet describing 150 years of village life and architecture is among those on sale.
Metodiste Gemeente (Methodist Church)
- Beautiful Historical Building
- Bemind Wyne is a garagiste wine cellar where Ilse Schutte produce her own exclusive range of wines with pastion.Ilse has been making wine commercially for 16 years and decided it was time to live out her passion for wine making at her own cellar. "I create elegant, classic wines that can be enjoyed to the last sip"
- With Vroljkheid Nature Reserve and Boesmankloof, McGregor is an interesting birding destination and visitors from around the world rave about our amazingly diverse bird life.
There are several hides and walks in the area for the more serious birdwatchers.
Click more for a bird list.
Saturday Pop-up Market
- Every Saturday a small market pops up, just near the Tourism Office. Visitors and locals delight in the choice of fresh vegetables, organic goods, pates, preserves, home-baked pies and crafts.
1st Jan only
- Join in Team Sports, Family fun games, Activities and Entertainment for all the local Community
2nd Dec only
The Langeberg Steelband
- A youth development project of the Breede-River Winelands Rural Development Association (brwrda).
McGregor Waldorf School
- Set in the quiet and beautiful village of McGregor the children are taught by experienced and committed teachers in small classes. To grow and learn in a safe environment close to nature is a wonderful way to prepare for a fulfilling future
Krans Nature Reserve
- Here you will see interesting vegetation, lots of birds and magnificent views of the surrounding hills as well as the dam and the village. There are six short walks from the entrances in Smit, Van Reenen and Vorrtrekker Streets. The Heritage Society is the custodian of the reserve. If you wish to become a Friend of the Krans, please send your donation to:
The McGregor Heritage Society, Poste Restante, McGregor 6708, South Africa
- Paul de Jongh and Nina Shand produce high temperature, wood-fired and salt-glazed stoneware and porcelain at their showroom and studio in Bree Street. They also make wood-fired terracotta, electric-fired domestic ware as well as sculptural and decorative raku pieces.
Proudly Art Route McGregor.
McGregor Open Gardens
- Magic of Nature - with rainbow colours in a rain shadow. 11 Gardens with community project and also visiting horticultural experts. Remember, 28th & 29th Oct 10am-4pm.
There will be ten gardens to visit, with a great variety of planting, but emphasis will be on indigenous and waterwise gardens.
Contact Ann Bedford on the number below
28th to 29th Oct
Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary
- Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary provides a permanent refuge for abused, neglected and elderly donkeys. Here they are given the opportunity to live out their lives with respect and dignity, surrounded by their own kind, in a protective and natural environment. The Sanctuary has a Visitors' Centre with a Donkey Shop, Restaurant Book Shop & Wheelchair friendly toilets.
- The main dam supplying the town with Lei water via an old system of concrete channels.
- A blog about, as the name suggests, my favourite things: cooking, home entertaining, people places and experiences – especially in and around McGregor, the Western Cape and South Africa.
- Situated just outside the village on the 'old Robertson road', this two hour walk offers spectacular views of McGregor. You end up on Badge hill where the McGregor Crest lies.
McGregor Heritage Society
- The McGregor Heritage Society was founded in 1995 to promote harmonious development and conserve historically significant elements of the village.
- Net in McGregor is die “taxi” van hout gemaak/Only in McGregor is the "taxi" made of wood.
Star Gazing - Astronomy
- McGregor's clear cool night sky's and lack of light pollution are great for astronomy enthusiasts as well as the casual star-gazer.