We will book and confirm accommodation for you FREE of charge. Enquire Now
Events in our Valley - slideshow
Saturday morning market
- Blink and you will miss it! Every Saturday a small market appears just near the Tourism Office corner. Visitors and locals delight in the choice of fresh organic produce, preserves, baked items and crusty sourdough bread!
1st Jan to 1st Dec
Wacky Wine Weekend
- Wacky Wine Weekend Celebrates 10 Years Of Unrivalled Success - Demonstrating the Robertson Wine Valley’s commitment, innovation and excellence in wine tourism development
6th to 9th Jun
McGregor Poetry Festival
- McGregor Poetry Festival
When: Friday, 21 June 2013 to Sunday, 23 June 2013
Where: McGregor, Western Cape, Sa
Categories: Annual Festivals / Arts & Culture
20th to 23rd Jun
- Wineries and Guesthouses from Ashton, Bonnievale, McGregor and Robertson will welcome visitors into their homes, to their dining tables and onto their farms for a 'slow' food & wine experience. Long tables, lazy afternoons, good food and wine.
Named 'Best Wine Route promotion 2007,2008' by Graham Howe (renowned travel journalist - wine dot coza
9th to 11th Aug
McGregor Food And Wine
- Serenade spring and celebrate 150 years of village life at McGregor's Food and Wine Festival. Savour samples of country fare both trad and trendy, sip winning wines in hues of white, pink and red. Crafts, art, and entertainment for all ages are on the menu, while the energetic
31st Aug only
- CycleLab Tours and McGregor Tourism proudly present a fabulous 3-day Mountain Bike event in McGregor.
Registration on Thursday evening. Cycling, food stalls, wine-tasting and lots of fun Friday - Sunday.
13th to 15th Sep
- 20 - 22 September 2013. Don't miss the Montagu Makiti! The festival will offer Live Music, Shows, Golf, Carnival, Food, Wine, History, Arts and Culture
20th to 22nd Sep
Wine on the River
- The Robertson Wine Valley brings you this years Wine on the River Festival.
This idyllic open-air wine festival takes place on the banks of the Breede River at the Goudmyn Farm between Robertson and Bonnievale.
an Experience You'll Never Forget!
18th to 20th Oct
McGregor Open Gardens
- Remember, McGregor Open Gardens in October. 10am-4pm each day.
There will be ten gardens to visit, with a great variety of planting, but emphasis will be on indigenous and waterwise gardens.
Contact Ann Bedford on the number below
19th to 20th Oct
“Home made bread, organic veggies, goodies ”
“Regional Wine Festival ”
“The McGregor POETRY Festival ”
“Celebrating The Slow Food Movement ”
“Delicious Tastes And Country Fare! ”
“CycleLab Three day Mountain Bike Event ”
“Family Heritage Festival ”
“Wine Festival ”
“Annual Open Garden Show ”
“Fun family festival: 1-3 November 2013 ”
Welcome to the village that time forgot
Welcome to the official tourism website for McGregor Village. This tranquil Western Cape country village is the perfect holiday destination to visit at any time of the year just two hours from Cape Town, South Africa.
Accommodation in McGregor caters for all needs, from wine farms and self-catering cottages to bed and breakfast (B&B) accommodation and country inns. There's also plenty to do for all the family with events, attractions and outdoor activities all set in stunningly beautiful scenery on the famous Route 62, the longest wine route in the world. McGregor is ideal for country weddings and conferences with accommodation and cute country venues to help make your event special.
McGregor is a unique, alternative, eccentric and therapeutic village away from the crowds where you can truly unwind, step back in time and just relax. Eating out is always a pleasure, we have several fine restaurants to choose from. McGregor village is home to a vibrant community of artists and there are top-class galleries for you to visit. The McGregor tourism bureau has all the up to date information to help you plan your holiday or vacation and make bookings for you at no extra cost. Give us a call or send an email it's that easy to organise your perfect stay in McGregor in the beautiful succulent Karoo, part of the Western Cape Winelands.