We will book and confirm accommodation for you FREE of charge. Enquire Now
Events in our Valley - slideshow
Wacky Wine Weekend
- Wacky Wine Weekend Celebrates - Demonstrating the Robertson Wine Valley’s commitment, innovation and excellence in wine tourism development
4th to 7th Jun
- Wineries and Guesthouses from Ashton, Bonnievale, McGregor and Robertson will welcome visitors into their homes, to their dining tables and onto their farms for a 'slow' food & wine experience. Long tables, lazy afternoons, good food and wine.
Named 'Best Wine Route promotion 2007,2008' by Graham Howe (renowned travel journalist - wine dot coza
7th to 10th Aug
McGregor Poetry Festival
- McGregor Poetry Festival
When: Friday 28 August to Sunday 30 August 2015
Where: McGregor, Western Cape, Sa
Categories: Annual Festivals / Arts & Culture
28th to 30th Aug
- An annual 3-day Mountain Bike Race based in the beautiful valley of McGregor with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Same start and finish venue daily with a short (40km) or Long (60km) route to choose from.
Proper mountain biking, with adventurous routes, food stalls, wine-tasting, supporter and kids activities and lots of fun from Friday - Sunday.
10th to 13th Sep
MMM MCGREGOR FESTIVAL
- Linking creativity to a celebration of comestibles, this event brings together galleries & gastronomy, entertainment & eateries…so say ‘mmmM’, as you sample the mastery of the cellar, the kitchen and studio…
25th to 27th Sep
From R 75 per head
McGregor Open Gardens
- Remember, McGregor Open Gardens in October. 10am-4pm each day.
There will be ten gardens to visit, with a great variety of planting, but emphasis will be on indigenous and waterwise gardens.
Contact Ann Bedford on the number below
10th to 11th Oct
Wine on the River
- The Robertson Wine Valley brings you this years Wine on the River Festival.
This idyllic open-air wine festival takes place on the banks of the Breede River at the Goudmyn Farm between Robertson and Bonnievale.
an Experience You'll Never Forget!
16th to 18th Oct
“Regional Wine Festival ”
“Celebrating The Slow Food Movement ”
“The McGregor POETRY Festival ”
“3 day Mountain Bike Stage Race ”
“EAT . ART . DRINK ”
“Annual Open Garden Show ”
“Wine Festival ”
Welcome to the village that time forgot
Welcome to the official tourism website for McGregor Village. This tranquil Western Cape country village is the perfect holiday destination to visit at any time of the year just two hours from Cape Town, South Africa.
Accommodation in McGregor caters for all needs, from wine farms and self-catering cottages to bed and breakfast (B&B) accommodation and country inns. There's also plenty to do for all the family with events, attractions and outdoor activities all set in stunningly beautiful scenery on the famous Route 62, the longest wine route in the world. McGregor is ideal for country weddings and conferences with accommodation and cute country venues to help make your event special.
McGregor is a unique, alternative, eccentric and therapeutic village away from the crowds where you can truly unwind, step back in time and just relax. Eating out is always a pleasure, we have several fine restaurants to choose from. McGregor village is home to a vibrant community of artists and there are top-class galleries for you to visit. The McGregor tourism bureau has all the up to date information to help you plan your holiday or vacation and make bookings for you at no extra cost. Give us a call or send an email it's that easy to organise your perfect stay in McGregor in the beautiful succulent Karoo, part of the Western Cape Winelands.