Green Gables Country Inn
Traditional hospitality at its best
- Standing the test of time in a village where time stands still"
Green Gables Old Mill Country Inn is situated at the top of the village and offers the full country get away experience at affordable prices.
Sleeps 10. Minimum per booking: 1. From R 550 pp/n R 1100 complete
Swimming Pool ✔ Garden ✔ Thatched roof ✔ Safe Parking ✔
Heating ✔ Children Welcome ✔
Linen supplied ✔ Towels Supplied ✔
Restaurant ✔ Vegetarians welcome ✔ Fine Dining ✔Mid Priced ✔Non Smoking ✔Bedrooms: 10 ✔ Bathrooms: 10 ✔
GPS S33° 57' 13.71" E19° 49' 10.67"
To McGregor 0.96 km
From R550 per person per night B&B
- Bed and breakfast accommodation. Stylish fresh accommodation at realistic prices. Your home from home. Each room has its own theme and all rooms are serviced daily. Space is well thought out and the rooms are decorated with flair. An individually prepared breakfast is served on the terrace of Green Gables. Great care is taken to ensure that your new day is greeted with good food presented beautifully. "Eggs done right".
- Village pub. "Where the locals go." One of the experiences not to be missed when visiting the village is having a drink at the "Millers pub". Share a bottle of wine with locals and get to know the other guests or have a drink on the terrace taking in the breath taking views. We are fully licensed and offer great local wines.
- Green gables Dining room. "Food cooked with love" as is often said by our clients. This unique dining experience is not easily repeated elsewhere. A dinner party that allows you to leave feeling not only well-fed at a realistic price but also part of the energy that is McGregor.
- Bird watching. Many varieties of otherwise elusive bird species make their homes on the 20 000m2 estate. A birdwatchers dream.
- 2 swimming pools to douse the summer heat. Drinks are also served at the pool.
- Direct access to nature trails. Step of the property and onto one of McGregor's many peaceful walks through thriving Fynbos.
- Visiting the old mill. This preserved watermill is a place of great interest to those wanting to get a glimpse of yesteryear milling methods. Built in 1862 it represents great mechanical history and learned tours are offered on request. It is situated on the estate directly behind the restaurant.
"Where you arrive as guests and leave as friends"