91 Long Street
Self Catering Accommodation
- 91 Long Street is a beautiful old double story Georgian residence in the quiet upper part of McGregor. With three luxury en-suite bedrooms and a fully fitted kitchen, large stoep and braai, DSTV and internet connectivity, vineyard and olive grove you will want to stay for more than just a weekend.
Sleeps 6. Minimum per booking: 2. From R 2100 pp/n R 2100 complete
Braai/Barbecue ✔ Garden ✔ Safe Parking ✔
Pets by arrangement ✔
Fridge ✔ Microwave ✔ Cooker Hob ✔ Oven ✔
TV ✔ CD Player ✔
Linen supplied ✔ Towels Supplied ✔ Serviced on request ✔
Non Smoking ✔Bedrooms: 3 ✔ Bathrooms: 3 ✔
GPS S33° 57' 12.69" E19° 49' 27.36"
To McGregor 0.66 km
50% deposit is required to confirm booking
91 Long Street has been lovingly restored and sleeps 6 in 3 en-suite bedrooms (one with bath and shower, two with showers) and the luxury of fine linen and fluffy bath sheets. Relax in the shade on the large stoep with a braai, overlooking our vineyard and olive grove and gaze over the nearby mountains and rural setting.
The kitchen is fully fitted with everything you may need, including a stove, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
For when people book or want more info:
Rates: R2100 per night
Pet friendly on request
- Three bedrooms - one with a double bed, two with twin beds
- Three en-suite bathrooms - one with bath and shower, two with showers, bath sheets, hand towel and soap provided.
- Fully equipped kitchen - with electric stove (hob and oven), microwave oven, large fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster and coffee plunger. Dishwasher and washing machine. Dishwashing liquid and tablets provided.
- Braai on stoep with grid and tongs (bring your own wood or charcoal).
- DSTV on request at R50 extra per day.
- Hi-fi with CD player and ipod docking station
- 91 Long Street is in the quiet, upper part of this beautiful village, which offers gorgeous views over the nearby mountains and rural setting.
- Within walking distance to the quaint village and nearby coffee shops, excellent restaurants, the Saturday market and the Krans Nature Reserve which offers a variety of hikes.
- Basic supplies are available in the village but fresh produce is not always available. There is a bottle store and petrol station in the village. The nearest supermarket is in Robertson, 20km away.
- Many facilities will accept credit cards but some only accept cash. There is only one ATM in the Village.
What to do:
- A full list of what to do in McGregor will be provided when you arrive at 91 Long Street but to whet your appetite:
o Historical self guided walking tours
o Hikes in Krans or Vrolikheid Nature Reserves (for the latter bring your Wild Card)
o Cycling (bring your own bikes or hire from the Tourism Office)
o Numerous art and craft galleries
o Quaint coffee shops and excellent restaurants
o Mix with the locals at the Saturday market where fresh bread, quiches, olive oil and vegetables are amongst the fare on offer
o It is common knowledge that McGregor is situated on ley lines and visitors immediately feel that this village is something "special". Join a group of like-minded people for a twice daily mediation at Temenos, the well know retreat across the road from 91 Long Street
o Pamper yourself with a massage, Reiki or one of the numerous other wellness treatments on offer from various professionals in the Village
o Visit local wine estates and the McGregor Co-op for delicious fruits of the vine
o Visit the donkey sanctuary and commune with these amazing, very peaceful animals