We will book and confirm accommodation for you FREE of charge. Enquire Now
Events in our Valley - slideshow
McGregor Poetry Festival
- A 3-day national festival dedicated to poetry providing an opportunity for poets to be showcased and honoured.
26th to 28th Aug
- An annual 3-day Mountain Bike Race based in the beautiful valley of McGregor with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Same start and finish venue daily with a short (40km) or Long (60km) route to choose from.
Proper mountain biking, with adventurous routes, food stalls, wine-tasting, supporter and kids activities and lots of fun from Friday - Sunday.
8th to 11th Sep
McGregor Food & Wine Festiv
- … say ‘mmm’, as you sample wines & foods from Marketstalls, or eatery menus with an artistic flavour…
24th to 25th Sep
From R 80 per head
Wine on the River
- The Robertson Wine Valley brings you this years Wine on the River Festival.
This idyllic open-air wine festival takes place on the banks of the Breede River at the Goudmyn Farm between Robertson and Bonnievale.
an Experience You'll Never Forget!
14th to 16th Oct
McGregor Open Gardens
- Magic of Nature - with rainbow colours in a rain shadow. 11 Gardens with community project and also visiting horticultural experts. Remember, 22 & 23rd Oct 10am-4pm.
There will be ten gardens to visit, with a great variety of planting, but emphasis will be on indigenous and waterwise gardens.
Contact Ann Bedford on the number below
22nd to 23rd Oct
Welcome to the village that time forgot
Welcome to the official tourism website for McGregor Village. This tranquil Western Cape country village is the perfect holiday destination to visit at any time of the year just two hours from Cape Town, South Africa.
Accommodation in McGregor caters for all needs, from wine farms and self-catering cottages to bed and breakfast (B&B) accommodation and country inns. There's also plenty to do for all the family with events, attractions and outdoor activities all set in stunningly beautiful scenery on the famous Route 62, the longest wine route in the world. McGregor is ideal for country weddings and conferences with accommodation and cute country venues to help make your event special.
McGregor is a unique, alternative, eccentric and therapeutic village away from the crowds where you can truly unwind, step back in time and just relax. Eating out is always a pleasure, we have several fine restaurants to choose from. McGregor village is home to a vibrant community of artists and there are top-class galleries for you to visit. The McGregor tourism bureau has all the up to date information to help you plan your holiday or vacation and make bookings for you at no extra cost. Give us a call or send an email it's that easy to organise your perfect stay in McGregor in the beautiful succulent Karoo, part of the Western Cape Winelands.