We will book and confirm accommodation for you FREE of charge. Enquire Now
Events in our Valley - slideshow
Symbols Signs and Seals
- Join Briar Grimley on a journey to discover the symbolic and powerful Geometry of pattern and form. Experience a language that the people of all lands, cultures, and times have spoken to communicate their deepest truths and aspirations.
21st to 22nd Mar
Absa Cape Epic in McGregor
- Voted the best reception at the 2012 Absa Cape Epic - returning in 2014 for an even bigger and better welcome!
25th Mar only
- Join us for a weekend in McGregor and help explore new and exciting routes for the Ride2Nowhere 2014 event! Or just come along for a bit of fun and enjoy the outdoors of McGregor!
cost: R700.00 per person
*Partners, friends, non-riders welcome!
25th to 27th Apr
Sixth Annual Book Fair!
- Reuse Boekemark - McGregor
‘n Absolute Boekefees!
Kom snuffel gerus!
Giant Winter Book Fair
Love good books and great bargains?
This one is for you!
25 to 27 May 2012
23rd to 25th May
Wacky Wine Weekend
- Wacky Wine Weekend Celebrates 10 Years Of Unrivalled Success - Demonstrating the Robertson Wine Valley’s commitment, innovation and excellence in wine tourism development
5th to 8th Jun
- Wineries and Guesthouses from Ashton, Bonnievale, McGregor and Robertson will welcome visitors into their homes, to their dining tables and onto their farms for a 'slow' food & wine experience. Long tables, lazy afternoons, good food and wine.
Named 'Best Wine Route promotion 2007,2008' by Graham Howe (renowned travel journalist - wine dot coza
8th to 10th Aug
McGregor Food And Wine
- Serenade spring and savour the good life at McGregor's 2013 Food and Wine Festival. Relish tastes of country fare both trad and trendy, sip winning wines that range from robust reds to delicate organic whites. Crafts, art, and entertainment for all ages are on the menu. Bring your family and friends, book your beds and revel in our handmade hospitality.
30th Aug only
“A Geometry for the Joy of It workshop ”
“Official Spectator Point ”
“Explore and ride new routes for the 2014 event ”
“McGregor ‘n Absolute Boekefees! ”
“Regional Wine Festival ”
“Celebrating The Slow Food Movement ”
“Handmade Hospitality ”
“Three day mountain bike event ”
Welcome to the village that time forgot
Welcome to the official tourism website for McGregor Village. This tranquil Western Cape country village is the perfect holiday destination to visit at any time of the year just two hours from Cape Town, South Africa.
Accommodation in McGregor caters for all needs, from wine farms and self-catering cottages to bed and breakfast (B&B) accommodation and country inns. There's also plenty to do for all the family with events, attractions and outdoor activities all set in stunningly beautiful scenery on the famous Route 62, the longest wine route in the world. McGregor is ideal for country weddings and conferences with accommodation and cute country venues to help make your event special.
McGregor is a unique, alternative, eccentric and therapeutic village away from the crowds where you can truly unwind, step back in time and just relax. Eating out is always a pleasure, we have several fine restaurants to choose from. McGregor village is home to a vibrant community of artists and there are top-class galleries for you to visit. The McGregor tourism bureau has all the up to date information to help you plan your holiday or vacation and make bookings for you at no extra cost. Give us a call or send an email it's that easy to organise your perfect stay in McGregor in the beautiful succulent Karoo, part of the Western Cape Winelands.